Wednesday, November 22, 2006

We have lift-off...


今日は! Welcome to the Visual Anthropology of Japan Blog Central. My cat, Gonzo, welcomes you. This site is set up as a component for my Visual Anthropology of Japan course at Kansai Gaidai University in Hirakata-shi, Osaka, Japan. Here you can find links to my students' projects and other sites dedicated and/or related to the cause of visual anthropology. Disclaimer: I am not a blogger. This is all new to me; I feel as though I am embarking upon a new journey and starting a new phase of fieldwork. So I expect this site to develop and mature. I expect growing pains and awkward postings along the way. I welcome and beg any advice and/or feedback in the areas of anthro-blogging, ethnography, and visual representation. Please check out my students' blogs and give them feedback as well.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride... and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well... maybe chalk it up to forced consciousness expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten." Hunter S. Thompson. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, 1971. New York: Fawcett Popular Library, p. 89.

よろしくお願いします。

1 comment:

Elisa said...

先生、こんばんは!
Sorry,I`ll leave only a short comment, tomorrow I`ll take my oral exam of the Japanese course (O.o)
Anyway, today I was sad, because I`ll go back to my country on the 22nd, and the video you prepared to say goodbye to us almost made me cry..but I really appreciated it!
Writing a blog is a new experience for me, too; since when I was a child I like writing, but I was not used to keep a diary. But this experience in Japan was so important to me I decided to share it with my friends and family; so even if it didn`t turn out as I wanted to (I wanted the blog to be longer and more`colorful`,I need a lot of time to write) I`m happy I did it.
So, enjoy this new experience, it can become very interesting!
頑張って下さいね!And thank you for the memories :)
p.s.I`m sure we will get(?) good memories tomorrow, too...and I hope we won`t forget them with the hangover! :p
p.p.s.can you send me today`s photo,please? Thank you so much! my e-mail is r309584@kansaigaiday.ac.jp.
先生お休みなさい、また明日